Saturday, January 16, 2010

My First "Successful" Loaf


Well, friends and families.....this is it. This is my first loaf. In the midst of a bathroom remodel and a major closet clean out I baked my first "successful" bread loaf today. I will not even describe the look on my husband's face as I was kneading dough while he was stressing over getting a toilet back into the guest bathroom.......just in time for company to arrive tomorrow. Priceless!!!

I have tried twice before (a while back) and this was my "three times a charm".

I bought the video...Homestead Blessing "How to bake bread" by the West ladies (will add link later) and it was worth every penny. Not only did my loaf cost about a quarter but it is delicious. I also use their video for homemade cinnamon rolls.

SO.....I will now be baking our bread loafs...I will probably bake 2 loafs, twice per week. YUM!!!

Now if anyone has any suggestions on how to cut this thing please let me know!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jennyandcompany said...

electric knife :)

Stacey said...

Hey Ashley - I love reading your blog for all the useful tips! One tip from my side is... my aunt always makes her own bread and does it in bulk, 9 loaves at a time, and then freezes them until they are ready for them. They still taste great and saves a ton of time!

Mommy Fowler said...

Yes, I am getting an electric knife! Great suggestion!

Stacey, I am going to have to bake more than 2 at a time or I would be baking every other day. My family LOVED the bread...I could not believe it! I mean they always "like" bread but they were just wanting whole slices....it was great! I am worried about doubling or tripling the recipe since it was so hard to master...hmm..will have to try though! Thanks!