Saturday, January 9, 2010

Homemade Yogurt and Fruit - A healthy affordable snack


I LOVE homemade yogurt.....it is so creamy and so much better than store bought. Honestly, just like everything else, if you get on a schedule for making it, it is easy and routine.

I make mine every Thursday afternoon, that way we will have a fresh batch every Friday evening to enjoy. It is so easy and I am reposting the link to the instructions below. I make a half gallon of yogurt and dont forget to save 1/2 cup or so as your yogurt starter for next week!

Dont delay, try it today! Once this was just one of those things I "wanted" to do and now it is part of our life......I highly encourage you to enjoy creamy homemade yogurt this week!


Add the following items to your grocery list:
Milk (I prefer whole fat)
Your favorite yogurt - I use vanilla store brand pint.
Frozen fruit (optional)

Then I use the following from my cupboard:
Vanilla Extract
Natural Sugar
Cane syrup or Maple syrup


Here are some photos of my babies enjoying their nighttime snack today:

Abi totally skipped the yogurt and made herself ramen noodles!! CHEATER!


I just wanna eat this face up.....

No comments: