Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gettin' off to a good start


Here is a picture of a little square foot garden off my kitchen. It is not getting much sun right now so I am not sure what I will put there but it is ready for when I make up my mind....;)



Here are my herb seeds. I am doing 9 plants of each of my herbs. That seems like a lot to me but I am hoping to can a ton of spaghetti sauce and dry the rest of my herbs for use during Fall '10 to Fall '11. I am also going to make my own taco seasoning packets and greek seasoning packs. This will cut down on prepackaged items from the grocery store. Who knows what is really in that stuff anyway.


Here again are some more of my herbs and a TON of beefsteak tomatoes. I sure hope these things produce a bunch of tomatoes. Any tomato advice PLEASE SHARE. Also my catnip is in those circular starter thingys but my cats eat every spring that pops up....haha. If they would be a little more patient they would have a TON to chew on!


Here is my dear dear husband tilling our ground. As I have stated I am a huge fan of square foot gardening but I am going to try to do a raised bed adaptation of square foot gardening. It is our choice because we are focusing our money into the pigpens and the chicken coop and this is a free way to get my big garden going.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: