Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grocery Store Confessionals


Have you even gotten to the grocery store with your list in hand ready to tackle the big bad supermarket??
OR

Have you ever sat down to write a grocery list of what you NEED only to truly fill it up with what you WANT?? and then to make it worse, you buy everything on your list!

Seriously, how can we expect ourselves to live on a grocery budget until we get a real perspective on what we NEED! And then we must ask God to help us enjoy aquiring these needs, not focusing on the fact that we did not get that 1/2 gallon of praline pecan ice cream!

If you have been in any situation like this then...........

GROCERY STORE CONFESSIONALS

is for

YOU.

During the first week of my challenge I cheated and sent Billy to the store (he never buys anything extra!). Since I have been on a major spending freeze with my grocery budget, I am low on everything! Below you will see what I made off with during the 2nd week. I added a few things and dropped a few things from the original list.
This week I went A-L-O-N-E..

..well Abi went with me and did hook me for $1 erasers
(they were shaped like eggs in a frying pan....who could pass that up)
but overall it was

me and my money

against

the store.

I obtained my buggy, walked straight to the milk fridge (as this is where most of my money is spent anyway!), obtained 2 milks, 1 carton of eggs, only 1 creamer (not 2 as in my original grocery list because I have been using less), 2 bags of shredded cheese, $1 2-liter of Sprite, 24 double roll pack of toilet paper, hair gel for daddy (those men have to fix their hair!), baby soap, and a 50% off skein of yarn for knitting next years Christmas presents.

My total was

$41.83

- $32.72 giftcard balance

$9.11


YEAH!

No comments: