Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Living On Less....Clothing


My goal is not only to HAVE LESS clothing but to SPEND LESS on our clothing. This will come from shopping for sale items, sewing our clothes, and from buying used.

Another nugget of wisdom (its really more like a duh!) is to only buy WHAT I NEED!

Now to some that may sound like normal common sense but I know I am not the only one who has bought because things were attractive and a good price.

Keep in mind my monetary goal is $5/week/child for clothing.

I bought a very fine pair of Gap jeans in HARDLY Used condition for $8 shipped for William. These normally cost about $25 pair online. He just went from a 2 to a 3 for length and Gap is the only brand that my skinny kids can wear without looking like they are balloon pants...even with adjustable waists!

I normally would have gone online, found a decent sale bought a few pairs of pants....spending about $50-$75. I only spent $8! GO ME!

Sorry but this is a big deal for me! Just be happy for me...;)

Where do you buy used? I buy from ebay, from gymbofriends, and from bodenboard....all reputable forums which people sell their used clothing.

So right now I am 2 weeks into my goal and I am $2 under budget for Will.....so cool

1 comment:

jennyandcompany said...

a tip for making jeans last, while you are on the subject! my boys had several pairs from tcp that got holey knees way too fast. I bought some cool fabric with little skulls on it and some denim patches, cut the fabric to fit over the inside of the hole, and the patch slightly larger so it would adhere to the pants around the fabric. tada! cool ripped up pants that will last a little longer :)