Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ode to Joy

Have you ever thought of what it takes for an orchestra to produce such an amazing piece of music? There are different instruments that are being played, playing at different octaves to produce harmony. When you think about it, it is many different sounds that are being put together to produce one beautiful, unified sound.

As the co-conductor of our own little orchestra, what sound are we producing? Is it a unified, harmonious music that represents all of our different interests & loves? Or does it sound like William just crashed into his cymbals?

There are definately a few notes off key like today when I was trying to take time to sew (this was not on the schedule) while William and Hannah were chasing each other around with small building blocks flying between them. Sometimes I wish God would just give me the sheet music already and just let me play; but I really dont think that is what it is all about. This is an oppotunity for me to write my own concierto.

What kind of music do I want us to make.....................

1 comment:

The Cook's said...

Good point, Ash! I love the music of the Fowler life... it blesses me and makes me smile!