Friday, January 30, 2009

Jessie Robinson: Auteur de Invite'

Today we have an Auteur de Invite' (guest writer). This beautiful young lady is as amazing on the inside as she is on the out. Her call and stand for homemaking at such a young age is a testimony to Christ. There is a great need for leaders for our daughters. Thank you Jessica for sharing your love testimony and your heart with us!! I know God will use this to touch someone's heart!

The Love Testimony

Hello from Kingsport, Tennessee- “The Model City”. I’m Jessica Robinson and I live here with my husband of two years, AndraĆ©. We met 7 years ago when I began attending his church. It was love at first sight for me. It was took 2 years and many prayers, but in the end he fell in love with me too! You see, I’m 9 years younger than AndraĆ© and it was rather unimaginable on his part that he might fall in love with a 15 year old, but fall in love he did. We chose the route of a non-traditional courtship and sought our parent’s blessing as we moved through the many wonderful stages of our relationship. We wanted to become best friends before we became lovers. From first-dates and through heart-aches, in the happy times and in the hard times, God has blessed our marriage and our friendship immensely. I am married to the man God designed for me, and there’s nothing so wonderful or that brings more contentment than to know you have God’s blessing.






A Call To Women Everywhere

I live in the “Model City”, I have the “model husband”, I lived the “model love story”, but am I the “model” wife? The “model Christian?"

Do I do anything that would make others want to be like me?

I have no desire to be on a pedestal, but as a Christian my life is supposed to represent Christ.

I am plagued with these thoughts daily. I’m torn. The Bible shows us that as omen we have such an amazing opportunity to minister in our homes. But we’re constantly being pulled by the suffocating pressure to follow the world’s models of womanhood.

I want to stand up and tell the world, “NO!! It’s not working!” The very sad reality is that the world replies, “Ok…then show us how!”

It’s at that point I look around and see that there are very few true Christian models of womanhood to look up to. No wonder our young girls are as hopeless as they are, they have no one to look to. Christians have followed the world’s models for far too long, someday someone is going to have to change that.

I think that someday is now. I want to devote my life to being that Christian woman that younger ladies can look up to. I want to show them that there’s more to life than boy syndrome. I want to give inspiration…homemaking can be a blast…..I love it!


So pull your courage out of the old, dusty cabinet and join me, Ashley and our families in this journey to find out what God’s models are and to bring happiness and joy back into our homes.

1 comment:

jennyandcompany said...

Pardon my Catholic-ness for a sec - but this is exactly why I love having the Blessed Mother to look up to! She was an amazing woman (young girl!) that said "yes" to God in ways I can only hope to. She shows us how to be a devoted wife, loving mother, and servant of God all at once.