Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Vow to Never "WORK" again

Why is it that everytime I have a baby I feel the need to "work"? It is almost like I need an excape. With Hannah I started a transcription company, with William I went to work as a teacher's aide and now with Wyatt I am taking order for alterations, custom outfits for children, and bows. I have just spent all of my Saturday making things that are not even for my kids while my children are killing each other in the other rooms. What is it for? I am not making any money really and after I buy supplies I am barely breaking even. Sometimes it even costs me to make items. Why do I have trouble just staying home? Accepting the jobs that I really want the most.....housewife, homemaker, mother, helpmeet. This is where my true joy is; it is in the jobs God has designated for me. I have a husband that supports me in this calling and I keep finding "occupations". I am sure one day we will look back and laugh but right now I am having to fight back screams/tears while my children are running around like crazy and I have a skirt on the sewing machine that needs to be finished.

It is in this moment I am taking a vow:

I Vow:
to do a devotion over coffee every morning.
to create a home that is a peaceful beautiful place to be.
to wake up early and do my morning routine.
to get dressed everyday.......and look hot!
to not take any more "jobs".
to get my kids dressed every morning.
to play with my kids every day!
to enjoy my life.........
.............and to not be a Basket Headed Mother


A basket headed mother is one who focuses more on getting the jobs done than on the joy of doing the job.

No comments: