Monday, December 1, 2008

My Man is "2"

Richard Robert William Fowler
November 21, 2006
I cannot believe that my baby boy is now 2. I can remember when Bill and I wanted to have another baby (right after we had Hannah) and it was just not happening. We wanted them back to back....so close in age you would think they were twins. Then, just after we decided that another baby must not be what God wanted for us, we got pregnant. We were so excited! Then 9 months later we had a baby boy that was named after both his daddy and his grandfathers.
He is my prince charming.

William is such a noble name, I love it!

Prince William

He will place his hands on either sides of my face and talk to me so seriously while looking me deep in the eyes.

He still cries when I leave him.

When he wants to sleep with us he knows to ask mommy not daddy.

I thought when I had Will that he was a gift to my husband. What I now realize is that he was a gift to me.

A momma's boy through and through.

Now that little man that changed my life turns 2.

Oh Lord please dont let the next 16 years go by as fast. I want to slow down enjoy those moments reading to him and listening to his explainations as to why all the pretzels or crackers are all over the floor.

Oh my baby boy......Thank you for letting me be your mommy.

Mommy will always love you!

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

Ashley, I have tears in my eyes after reading this post! How beautifully said!!! What a handsome little man! I totally know how you feel about slowing down life. Ricky turns 11 this year and I would love to go back for just a few minutes and spend a moment with him when he was 2 again!

Kayla

Mother of 5 Smooth Stones said...

Dear Sweet Mother, Thank you for the wonderful post!! I am also a mother of 5, all adults now. My baby boy is now 23. He is such a handsome, godly man now, but I miss that little boy. I found a picture last night of him in plaid knickers and a bow tie and white knee socks in a church Christmas pageant and cried a bit. Enjoy every minute with your precious prince!