Thursday, November 13, 2008

Scheduling

I do not know about you other mothers but I have a hard time finishing everything I need to get done into one day. In an effort to solve this problem I have taken on the task of scheduling my home. Bill has helped me to get a temporary schedule in place while we use trial and error to finalize it. THIS is the main reason for my absence on my blog....*sniff*sniff*. Although my housekeeping is almost completely caught up, my kids are well-fed, well-clothed, and my holidays are almost planned, oh and I am almost done with another denim skirt I am making for Abi, my blog time is often squeezed out with things I truly "have" to get done. My schedule is very pretty and so far it is fairly acurate.

We took all the things (ALL OF THEM) that we wanted to accomplish in a day or a week and placed them into 1/2 to 1 hour squares then glued them onto a huge sheet of paper with 24 hours, split into 1/2 hour blocks of time. It was so funny when after the paper was full, we looked down at all our little 1/2 hour projects that we wanted to put onto the schedule. No wonder we are stressed! We have 30 hours of work planned for 24 hours! HAHA. Of course we put the most important things on the schedule first. I did allow myself 30 minutes a day to blog but it just has not worked out in my favor yet.

On another note......I think I am going to rearrange the kids rooms. I have a few problems that need to be solved:
1. The kids always want to sleep together.
2. They do not sleep well when they are in seperate rooms.
3. I have a hard time keeping their clothes separated,organized, put away, and off season clothes kept in an acceptable place (ie. NOT a wet storage room).

SO....since we only have 2 bedrooms for the 5 kids ...hahaha.....I thought I should let them have a sleeping room AND a dressing room. I can put all the bunk beds and cribs in the large room then all the dressers and clothes in the smaller room. This can almost become like a huge closet where I can store the off season clothes, put up the large metal hanging racks for all the kids. When Abi or Payton (the only two who need privacy) are dressing, they just go into the "dressing" room and lock the door. It will also solve my problem of where to hang the clothes to dry that is not in plain view of everyone entering the house.

Any suggestions on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mother-to-my-five

The scheduling book I chose to use was Managers of their Home from Titus2.com

2 comments:

The Cook's said...

All I can say is WOW! My life suddenly seems really simple. I'm glad you're getting a system in place but Lord knows I have no clue to give you... you're doing great! We've really missed you, by the way!

Living the Good Life said...

You go girl! I am not that organized around here. I have tried many times to schedule us, but somehow get lost in it all! We do great for school, but that is about all!

Glad you are back blogging!
Kayla