Friday, November 7, 2008

Fulfilled

There is nothing better than feeling like you are doing what God has called you to do. I truly feel that as I endeavor to love my kids more, kiss my husband more, keep my home a more peaceful place, I am reaping the rewards of a content heart by doing what I am called to do. This is my calling. I am a homemaker. Whether or not God will ever have me work, I am not sure. For now though, I am building a home. The cleanliness, nutrition, knowledge, love and atmosphere of my home is MY responsiblity. I have a whole lot to learn, but am finding even the journey of discovery so fulfilling.

I have never felt more conected with my home. As I am cleaning the floors and throwing out the clutter of my physical home, I am doing the same with my heart. Although there are several uncertain situations in our life I have a peace.

Thank you God for such a feeling! I never realized that living for you would be so rewarding. Thank you for showing me that you love even me.

2 comments:

The Cook's said...

That's incredible, Ashley! You're right... you are right where God wants you. Embrace it! Your children will never forget these years when you've been home to greet them, wipe their tears, make cookies, and all that other fun stuff!

Living the Good Life said...

Ashley, you are so right! Somedays I feel like I am in over my head, and then I remember there is nothing more pleasing to God than what I am doing!!!! Being a mother is the highest, greatest, and most blessed calling in the world!!!!!
Kayla