Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

There are many days of the year that I love but Election Day is one of my favorites. This is a day where we are able to make a difference in our country. Voting allows us to play a part in where our country is going. I do believe that God has everything in control and ultimately our country's future lies with him, however, he requires us to do our part to stand up for moral values!


This year we decided that our volunteer work for the McCain/Palin and the T.A. Messina campaign would be sign waving. Usually we pass out fliers to area homes and people we know, oh and we always have signs.

Abi and I started about Noon and waved signs until 3:30 at the corner of Jackson and Macarther. Wyatt was tucked away in his little chest carrier. We were out there with the best of them! Shannon Gremillion and Triston Knoll both made appearances. The Obama supporters turned out in great numbers! I was a little sad that the McCain campaign only had US to wave signs. That is part of the reason why we stayed so long.....and we just love yelling at people as they drive past!
Mary Katherine joined us in the afternoon...


Then just as we were about to leave a film crew shows up and starts interviewing people. He walked up to us and asked if he could ask a few questions, and ofcourse I said sure! We proceeded to talk about my beliefs and how they are affecting my vote. We talked about several issues including Palin's religeous beliefs. I really nailed his questions and felt like God actually used me to almost witness to this guy. I hope I will have time to share with you all what I said later. He was doing a documentary on the McCain/Obama presidential race. You neve know, ol'Ashley may end up being on T.V.!!!!

Lots of love, we are off to the Messina Party and then to the local McCain party.

2 comments:

Living the Good Life said...

Hey, we saw Abi out there waving her signs. Too, cute. The kids were waving, but she didn't see us!

Glad you got to state your feelings and beliefs about how you believe. It amazes me sometimes how the Lord can use us when we least expect it!

Imagine that! We know a "STAR"!!!! :)
Kayla

The Cook's said...

Way to go, Ashley! I'm glad you were able to be HIS hands & feet!