Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Emergency Preparedness

In keeping with the Proverbs 31 woman, it is safe to say that God expects us to be prepared in case of emergencies.
*
It is sometimes comical around hurricane season we always start getting really "prepared". My sweet hurricane-vetran-aunt gives us all a crash course in how to weather a storm.
*
Well, this year Aunt P., I will be prepared. I am begining my journey to prepare our home in case of disaster.
*
I will be putting together a 72-hour survival kit, a 3-month food storage kit, and an emergency car kit.
*
Here is the blog I will be using as a guide to help me on this quest:
*

1 comment:

jennyandcompany said...

Keep saving those coupons, and I'll let you know as soon as a find a great freebie to stock up on! Some of the ladies at hotcouponworld have some incredible stockpiles. I don't have the space for much of one :(

*not free, but some cereals are super cheap at kroger right now, like less than $1 a box*